LC Bathtime Loofah 1
• Hand made in Egypt. Delightful heart shaped Loofah pad made from layers of loofah stitched together.
• 15 cm wide x 12 cm high in packaging with cotton string loop. Flattened for transport to save space.
• May appear abrasive in dry state, but when immersed in water swells up to become a soft, spongy and flexible pad ( see image).
• Rinse thoroughly before first use. Fits neatly in the hand. In bath or shower, use on damp skin with soap or gel in a gentle circular motion to clean, freshen, exfoliate and invigorate skin.
• To keep loofah fresh between uses, squeeze out excess water and hang to dry from the cotton string loop.
• Occasionally wash in the washing machine or by hand if desired.
• Will last for months with normal use and at the end of its natural life can be composted.
What is a loofah?
• The loofah is a vegetable and is not a sea organism as many people think.
• It is a vigorously growing vine from the same family as a cucumber. In fact, the loofah fruit looks like a large squash. Each vine produces between 5-25 fruits per crop.
• When ripe, the inside of the loofah fruit develops a network of fibres that are perfect for cleaning and exfoliating purposes when dried.
• LoofCo loofahs are grown in Egypt and our products are made from a variety that is rich in fibres, durable yet soft and flexible.
• To get the best texture, the loofahs are carefully harvested, peeled, cleaned of seeds and dried. (Some seeds may be impossible to remove).
• The dried loofahs are cut into lengths and processed by hand to create a long lasting, yet biodegradable plastic-free range of washing-up, cleaning and body products.